10-31-2017, 07:11 PM
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018/2019 Mo Ibrahim Foundation PhD Scholarships for African Students At the University of London, eligible persons are invited to hurry and apply.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation has generously provided SOAS with two PhD scholarships every year for African students undertaking a full‐time PhD and Masters programme in the field of Governance for Development in Africa.
Applications are invited for PhD studentships focused on the area of state capacities, governance and bureaucracy for development. This may include projects designed to understand public sector governance capabilities, political settlements, state business relations, the governance of state-owned enterprises, the governance of development policy design and implementation, and so on. But applications must focus on the public sector/state/civil service, on governance, and on development.
The eligible PhD are only those within the following departments:
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
- Candidates must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country.
- Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub‐Saharan Africa.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a panel consisting of SOAS academic members. The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application.
How To Appy
In order to be considered for funding, applicants must first secure an UNCONDITIONAL OFFER for the PhD by applying directly to the SOAS Doctoral School.
The guidance notes and the reference form can be downloaded on the right-hand side of the Program Web page using the below link.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2018.
Dont hesitate to join the discussion,signup in less than 3 min.