Thread Review (Newest First)
|Posted by web_medicus - 03-25-2017, 04:36 PM|
The US ban on laptops in some flights went into effect 3 hours ago. Here are the details:
- No laptops allowed in the cabin on flights to the US on these airlines: Royal Jordan, Egyptair, Turkish Airlines, Saudiah, Kuwait Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Emirates.
- But only when they are travelling from these cities (airports): Amman (AMM), Cairo (CAI), Istanbul (IST), Jeddah (JED), Riyadh (RUH), Kuwait City (KWI), Casablanca (CMN), Doha (DOH), Dubai (DXB), Abu Dhabi (AUH).
- Flights from the US to these airports are not affected
- Flights from these airports on other airlines are not affected.
- Only direct flights from these airports are affected, for example Emirates flight DBX to JFK via Milan is not affected.
- Per the rules, laptops have to be checked in at the point of origin. For example, if you are flying from Mumbai to San Francisco on Qatar Airways, you have to check your laptop at Mumbai Airport, even though you have a stop-over at Doha.
- *Emirates does have a work around, where you are allowed to keep your laptop until you reach Dubai. At that point, your laptop will be put in a secure box and returned to you when you arrive at your destination*
- No end date has been indicated for the ban
- The ??UK has issued a similar ban. However, it does not include these airports: DBX, AUH, DOH, CMN.